Read the title carefully and identify the topics (thematic cores) required, or proposed by the documentation material provided. It is necessary to focus the request of the trace, if present, and the proposed point of view. It is possible to use a syntactic-grammatical analysis of the trace, or phonic for the poetic texts.
Ladder Argumentative Text
It should be added that in the New State Examination no longer talks about the topic.
However, the argumentative text is in any case represented both by the form of the short essay, and indeed with respect to the old theme, it proposes specific thematic competences and analyzes (which were requested in the literary or historical topic …), either by the possible choice for a article in a specialized journal that obviously requires analytical and argumentative development.
1) Focus on the basic topics and form an associative cluster of ideas, in case there are difficulties in finding the topics.
2) Make a lineup:
– List of the topics to be addressed, which must be the most complete * and precise as possible;
– Subdivide each topic into a thesis and any examples (to realize): I can look for the “why” (cause or end) of what is stated in the track, or the consequences;
– Evaluate the coherence * of the theses supported (possible discrepancies of contradictory theses);
– Ordering the ladder, or structuring the argumentation in a logical way:
- Evaluating the consequential of the topics dealt with, exposing them from the general to the particular or alternating plans;
- To evaluate whether to structure in an introduction-body-conclusion form, or proposing generalizations, also along the theme, in which from the particular topic of the trace we go back to a general analysis;
- Avoid conceptual repetitions.
3) Following the outline of the ladder, write the theme.
4) After writing the theme:
a) Check that the periods respect cohesion *, i.e. make sense in terms of content within each paragraph (avoid suspended periods), and at the morphosyntactic level:
- Check the punctuation, the concordances of number and gender and in the correlation of verbal tenses;
- Control the use of connective devices, ie conjunctions, adverbs and prepositions, to link and correctly place the various parts of the text in relation, also verifying the use of pronouns to avoid repetitions;
b) To verify the consequential (relation of cause-effect or of “before and after”) and not contradictions of the arguments (coherence);
c) Verify that some topics are no longer developed of others (or even off topic), in relation to the requests of the title;
d) Check any words with uncertain spelling *;
e) To control the use of the lexicon *, i.e. the appropriate use of terms, avoiding both the repetitions of single words or propositions, and the use of “phrases made”.
1) Structuring the layout, respecting the appropriate “at the top”.
2) Reread the text with particular attention to punctuation and spelling of words.