Creating educational videos can be a great way to impart knowledge or skills that you have and share them with others. Whether you want to create an informal video that just shows people how to do something or a full-fledged training video or tutorial – one of the effects that will come in handy is the split screen effect.
As its name suggests, the split screen effect is an effect whereby your screen is split into two with different videos playing on either side. The reason why this effect is so useful for educational videos is that it will allow you to show what is going on from different perspectives, or zoom in on one side, or even show some other action that is being performed simultaneously.
To incorporate the split screen effect in your educational video, you need software like Movavi Video Editor to help you edit your video. Using it you can apply the effect by following these steps:
- Click ‘Add Media Files’ and add both the videos that you want to use.
- Find the videos in the ‘Timeline’ and drag one upwards to the ‘Overlay Track’.
- Double-click the video in the ‘Overlay Track’.
- Open the list above the ‘Preview’ window, select ‘Side by Side’ and click one of the four buttons to choose where the video in the ‘Overlay Track’ will appear.
- So that the audio from both videos don’t play at the same time, click the ‘Mute Track’ icon beside one of the video tracks.
- Click ‘Export’ to save the video.
In addition to using Movavi Video Editor as a split screen software you can do a lot more with it as well. It will let you cut and combine video segments, enhance the video quality, add text fields, insert background music, and much more.
Be sure to take advantage of the full potential that exists in the features of Movavi Video Editor. With them you can create educational videos that really are a class apart and look professional.