If you’ve tried all kinds of punishment possible and still your son ignores all threats and withdrawals of privileges, you need to change strategy to get them to behave.
Children disobey the orders of adults with some frequency. It’s his way of discovering where are limits, to challenge ourselves and show that they too have their character and want to send. The typical punishment “you run out” does not work with small objects that are saturated with which entertained so that if we remove one will always be able to go to another… What can we do?
Punishments in perspective
Experts say punishing a child is counterproductive, damages their self-esteem, produces stress and strengthens the behavior of the child. But it is necessary to “educate them in reality” so that you understand that if they misbehave, their actions have consequences. Reprove and punish them would not be negative always to take into account these premises…
– In order for a punishment is educational we must explain to our son, without shouting or fuss and calmly. Why his conduct was wrong and urge correct.
– Must know in advance the limits that cannot be beat and the punishment he will receive if he does to weigh whether it’s worth breaking the rules.
– The punishment should be immediate, proportional, balanced and consistent with the age, maturity and type of offense.
– Do not use absolute restrictions as “you stay unpaid forever” and punished. With consistency is impossible to pass a week without watching TV, prohibited enjoy his favorite series a couple of days.
You may also like to read another article on LananClub: The Pre-School Education and Equal Opportunities
– The threats continuous and warnings make the punishment loses effectiveness. Give three warnings, no more.
– Do not forgive the punishment as well and, if so, explain why you did. . If you paid yours angry with him and you were too severe, Apologize, explain it and rectifies
– Do not use your basic needs to punish him; nor rest, nor his power, nor sports practice.
– Educate your child without yelling or will you compare with other children, less with his brothers.
– If he tries to hug you, kiss him or tell him that you want to repair the damage Indeed, do not reject him because he might feel hurt.
– Encourage him when he acts well, reinforcing that behavior, paying attention when obey and have good attitude and commenting that this is how it should behave.